Any active member of GPOP is eligible to serve on the Board. Directors are elected at the AGM, this year taking place on Sunday, April 30, 2017. Board members need not be able to commit to attending our AGM in order to contribute, as the Board conducts its business via conference call and email.
GPOP By-Laws state that there shall be no less than seven and no more than twelve Directors. All Directors who have served a full first term, are eligible for immediate re-election to a second term.
The following Directors’ terms continue through to the 2019 GPOP AGM:
- Marlene Beaulieu, CNC (BC)
- Nicole Blanchette, Norquest (AB)
- Cheryl McMurray, Fanshawe (ON)
- Christbell Pinchin, NSCC (NS)
- Sandi White, Holland College (PEI)
Each of the following Directors has indicated she will be stand for election to a second term, to conclude with the 2020 AGM:
- Joanna Campbell, Okanagan College (BC)
- Laureen Dailey, Douglas College (BC)
- Diana Falcon, Langara College (BC)
- Jenny Forestell, New Brunswick Community College (NB)
The following GPOP members have indicated their readiness to run for election to the Board in 2017:
- Melissa Pringle, Durham (ON)
- Lianne Birkbeck, Lambton (ON)
- Dianne Marcellus-Kerr, Lethbridge (AB)
If you would like to join the nominees standing for election this Spring:
The 2017 Nominating Committee consists of Jenny Forestell and Nicole Blanchette. If you are interested in finding out more, please don’t hesitate to reach out to either Jenny or Nicole. The next round of nominations will take place in 2019, unless a vacancy occurs. Please feel free to register your interest for this round of nominations, or for future consideration – it is good practice to have a list of interested candidates ready to fill vacancies as and when they occur.
Please direct your nominations to
Jenny Forestell, Chair, Nominating Committee, on or before Thursday, March 30, 2017
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 506-453-6840