Members are encouraged to regularly log in to this section of GPOP’s website. You’ll find links embedded below for a number of associations, conferences and resource materials.
Let us know of additional resources and sites you think your peers may find relevant.
CONFERENCES & PD OPPORTUNITIES
Note: Due to COVID-19, many associations have created virtual offerings.
Association for Governing Boards (AGB) Workshop for Board Professionals
Association for Governing Boards (AGB) National Conference on Trusteeship
CICan: GPOP Conference
Colleges & Institutes Canada (CICan) Annual Conference
FOR BOARD PROFESSIONALS
- Association of Governing Boards (AGB) Washington, DC
- Crown Agencies and Board Resourcing Office (CABRO) British Columbia
- College Centre of Board Excellence Ontario-based, with educational opportunities for peers across the country
- ICD; Institute of Corporate Directors
- Governance Professionals of Canada
- The College Centre of Board Excellence Manual for Effective College Governance
- STRIVE! A free link to subscribe to governance articles and helpful tips for boards by governance experts.
- CABRO Responsibilities and Best Practices
- Parliamentarian Eli Mina
- Office of the Auditor General of BC (OAGBC): Publications – Governance and Accountability
FOR PRESIDENT’S OFFICE PROFESSIONALS
- International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP)
- National Association of Presidential Assistants in Higher Education (NAPAHE)
FOR ALL: MINUTES
Minute Taking Courses for Consideration
GPOP member Jenny Forestell (New Brunswick Community College) reached out to her GPOP colleagues and asked for ideas and suggestions on minute-taking courses. Her research is shared here for the benefit of all.
- Grand Prairie Regional College (GPRC) runs a one day Effective Minute Taking course through its continuing education program
- Eli Mina, who has a Minute Taking Online Tutorial ($250), which includes a copy of his book Mina’s Guide to Minute Taking
- Minute Taking Made Easy by Rhonda Scharf – options include Online Training (4-5 hours)
FOR ALL: BOOKS, PUBLICATIONS and ELECTRONIC MEDIA
- http://www.academica.ca/gettopten: This is a free service that sends you a daily email with the top ten PSE stories in Canada. You can also register for an Indigenous Top Ten which is sent out every other Wednesday.
- CICan: Colleges and Institutes Canada
- Exceptional EA
- International Association of Administrative Professionals