The agenda for our May 4-5 conference has now been posted to the GPOP website. In keeping with the CICan conference theme of “Inclusion”, we are pleased to have Sharon Thira, Director, Indigenous Learning & Engagement at New Brunswick Community College, kick things off on Saturday evening with her keynote address, Singing your Song of Peace, followed by a welcome reception. Sunday morning will be filled with more networking, facilitated discussions, breakout sessions and award presentation before wrapping things up in time for the start of the CICan conference. Your Board of Directors looks forward to welcoming members who will be joining us in Niagara Falls. Be sure to follow us on Twitter @CICanGPOP as we’ll be tweeting out updates and photos of our time together!
We are already less than a month away before members will meet up in Niagara Falls for our May 4-5 conference. The PD Committee has been working hard to pull together a program that will inspire, engage and re-energize attendees. Highlights include:
- Saturday evening keynote Sharon Thira, who will speak on Indigenous culture, history and learning
- Welcome reception at Milestones Restaurant at Marriott on the Falls
- Sunday’s facilitated discussion on “Life Balance”, roundtable discussions on topics relevant to our roles, and GPOP award presentations
- Re-connecting with colleagues and making new friends!
Further details can be found on the GPOP website by clicking on the drop-down menus under Conferences. The final agenda will be posted in the next few weeks so keep watching this space!
Kyle Mayer, Marketing Manager, CoreSolutions Software Inc. …
“We know that sometimes finding meeting times for multiple people, particularly across multiple organizations or email systems can be like trying to herd cats. So, we’ve developed a simple system called CoreUM that simplifies this process into two steps.”
CoreUM is a better way to:
- Organize any event or meeting with multiple attendees
- Coordinate meetings of board members
- Confirm attendance for committee meetings
- Conduct and record simple polls/votes among multiple people
- We want to give you 30 days to try the VIP subscription of CoreUM for free. Simply click the link and create an account to get started.
Thursday, February 28th is the deadline for GPOP award nominations and grant applications. Click on the links below for full details of nomination criteria and grant application form. Don’t miss this opportunity to nominate a deserving colleague or apply for a grant to support your attendance at the upcoming GPOP conference in Niagara Falls, May 4-5, 2019.
Join us for the GPOP Welcome & Networking Reception in the Milestone’s private dining room in the Marriott on the Falls hotel on Saturday, May 4, 2019 from 6:45 pm to 8:30 pm (immediately following the keynote speaker).
Directions: The reception is across the street from the Scotiabank Convention Centre. Exit onto Stanley Avenue and turn immediately down Livingstone Street.
HOLD THE DATE: GPOP 2019 ┃May 4-5, 2019 ┃Niagara Falls, ON
We know it may seem like a long way away with the snow flying and the holidays around the corner, but before we know it spring will be here, and so will GPOP 2019!
The format will be slightly different this year, so please take that into consideration when finalizing your travel arrangements:
- Saturday May 4th – 5:00 p.m. GPOP 2019 starts with a welcome reception and keynote presentation (food and refreshments will be available).
- Sunday, May 5th – 7:30 a.m. GPOP 2019 continues with breakfast, followed by a morning of networking, breakout discussions, GPOP Awards, and lunch. We plan to adjourn by 12:30 p.m.
- CICan will open its annual conference at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 5th.
GPOP 2019 will focus on the themes of Inclusion, Balance and Harmony – both professionally and personally. Our keynote, Sharon Thira, will give an interactive presentation on Indigenous culture, history and learning. We are hopeful her talk will provide context, set the tone, and give us a foundation for our further discussions throughout the weekend. By the end of GPOP 2019, we guarantee you will be re-energized and equipped with new and innovative ideas and solutions to bring back to your College.
Updates will be posted on gpop.ca – so watch this space!
pssst…The hotel block is now open… https://conference.collegesinstitutes.ca/travel/. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, May 4th at GPOP 2019 at the Falls!