We look forward to seeing you in beautiful Montreal for the CICan:GPOP Conference! Getting away from the office to attend a conference is sometimes challenging, but always rewarding. Whether you are only attending the GPOP session, or the entire CICan Conference, we have some suggestions that might help you plan for your trip.
Before you Leave …
- Bring an umbrella
- Remember chargers for all your electronic devices
- When you think of it – pack it! Bring business clothes for the GPOP and CICan conference sessions, business casual for the GPOP and CICan opening receptions, and if you are attending the CICan closing gala, you may want to bring something a little dressier. Once the theme of the evening is confirmed, we’ll let you know on this page.
- Slip extra business cards in your bag for networking
- Water your plants (no one is going to remember to do that for you)
- Set your Out of Office email, voicemail, etc.
- Leave your hotel, flight and other details with your colleague providing coverage in your absence
- Take time to review the conference agenda:
- GPOP Conference (coming soon!)
- CICan Conference
CICan conference travel information: https://conference.collegesinstitutes.ca/travel/
Tips on making a great first impression: https://businesscollective.com/13-tips-for-making-a-great-first-impression-at-meetings/index.html
Montreal weather forecast: https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/quebec/montreal
Montreal Tourism: https://www.mtl.org/en