We look forward to seeing you in Victoria for the CICan:GPOP Conference! Getting away from the office to attend a conference is often difficult, but rewarding. Whether you are only attending the GPOP session, or the entire CICan Conference, we have some suggestions that might help you enjoy your trip.
Before you Leave …
- Bring an umbrella
- Remember chargers for all your electronic devices
- When you think of it – pack it
- Slip extra business cards in your bag
- Water your plants (no one is going to remember to do that for you)
- Set your Out of Office, Voicemail, etc.
- Leave your hotel, flight and other details with your colleagues
- Take time to review the conference agenda:
Once you are in Victoria ….
- Arriving by air? It will take you approximately 30 mins to get into the city. Click this link for taxi and shuttle information: http://www.victoriaairport.com/taxi-and-shuttle
- Looking for local information? The Camosun College organizing committee has put together some helpful information at the following link: http://camosun.ca.libguides.com/Cican2018
- What to wear? Bring business clothes for the GPOP and CICan conference sessions, business casual for the GPOP and CICan opening reception, and if you are attending the CICan closing gala, the dress code is “Elegantly Relaxed”.
- Relax, learn, connect, enjoy!