We look forward to seeing you in Ottawa for the CICan GPOP Conference! Getting away from the office to attend a conference is often difficult, but rewarding. We have some suggestions that might help you enjoy your trip.
- packing is easiest when you’ve just done the laundry
- bring a hat
- remember your phone and camera charger
- bring running shoes – at some point you’ll be glad you have them
- the second you think of packing something, pack it; if you wait, you’ll forget
- stuff socks in your shoes and they’ll retain their shape
- never check your meds, toothbrush or your PJs
- pack a mix of business, business casual, dressy, and casual clothes (you’ll want business casual attire for the Saturday evening GPOP Reception and the Sunday CICan Opening Regional Festivities; bring business clothes for the GPOP and CICan conference sessions; pack an evening outfit for the Gala (red and white is encouraged), and, of course, casual clothing for sightseeing.
For more tips, visit www.everywhereist.com and search for “My 55 best travel tips”
Before you Leave the Office
- Water your plants (no one is going to remember to do that for you)
- Visit the GPOP Website for our latest news
- The usual drill … set your Out of Office, Voicemail, and arrange your Acting
- Download the CICan app on your mobile device
- Leave your hotel, flight and other details with your colleagues
- Slip extra business cards into your purse, you’ll be glad you have them
- Brush up on your networking skills.
At the Conference
- Check with Registration to inquire when the Gala Dinner tickets reservations open. NOTE: You cannot book a table of 8 under the “College Name” as they will want the name of each individual
- Review the GPOP and CICan Conference webpages regularly for updates
- Expect to be surrounded by like-minded people
- Bring a positive attitude
- Learn and have fun!
Must see Ottawa Attractions
- Parliament Hill
- ByWard Market
- Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- National Gallery of Canada, Canadian War Museum, Canadian Museum of History, and the Canadian Museum of Nature
- And, don’t return home without a tacky souvenir
For more suggestions, visit www.ottawatourism.ca